These days, weddings can be enjoyed all year round, and are not just reserved for the summer months. If you’re thinking of having your wedding in December, then why not make it a Christmas-themed wedding. After all, the build up to Christmas certainly gets everyone in a jolly mood and using a Christmas theme throughout your wedding reception will make it much easier in choosing decorations and matching colours. Here are a few handy tips to help in planning that perfect Christmas-themed wedding reception:
• Adding Christmas crackers on the tables are the perfect festive party favour and will help to get your guests interacting more freely (a lot like alcohol does)
• Place red and green candles throughout the room as this is not only a traditional Christmas decoration, but the candles exude wonderful romantic lighting
• Give your guest’s wedding favours in a small gift box and wrapped in Christmas themed paper.
• Have a Christmas tree at your reception and get your guests to put the wedding gifts under the tree
• Strategically place mistletoe around the reception and share the love with your guests
• Serve traditional Christmas food for your wedding meal such as roast turkey, Brussels sprouts and mince pies
An easy way to transform your wedding reception into a Christmas wonderland is by using dining chair covers with colour-themed organza sashes.
At Special Occasions Covered we have a wonderful choice of wedding chair covers and offer all the traditional Christmas coloured sashes included reds and greens as well as gold and silver.